Forwarding Phishing Training PDF To Employees For Interdepartmental Attention To Prevent Breaches
The most common mistake an enterprise makes is starting the phishing awareness training without a plan. With a little upfront effort, organizations can see positive change and expect real results from the employees.
Initial Steps For The Foundation Of An Effective Phishing Awareness Campaign
Get A Baseline:
For demonstrating the value of the phishing awareness campaign, it is crucial to measure the change in behavior of the workforce. Thus, enterprises must run a baseline assessment of the employees. They can send a security awareness e-mail to employees to determine where they stand. For starters, they must choose a phishing awareness e-mail template of moderate difficulty.
Announce The Program:
For the success of any campaign, it is crucial for the employees to ‘buy-in.’ Organizations can demonstrate their plan through a phishing awareness training powerpoint presentation. Additionally, they can share the results of the baseline test to educate the employees better. They can also share a phishing training pdf which provides a comprehensive guide to phishing protection.
Carry Out Unique Assessments:
Finally, organizations must set themselves up for success by enrolling every employee in a phishing awareness quizlet. Avoid giving the impression that employees will get punishment if they fail to answer correctly.
Why Sending Phishing Training Pdf Is Essential?
When we consider a hacker’s perspective, an executive is a highest-value target for him. It is because they possess all the critical and confidential trade secrets of the business. Hence, forwarding a phishing awareness template in PDF form to them becomes essential because:
- It includes all the typical topics which provide the necessary know-how of different types of phishing attacks.
- Employees learn about various other attacks which are specific to their role in the organization.
- It highlights the technologies and security tactics which are tailored to prevent any data leakage.
- Employees cannot edit PDF files, unlike the word documents. Hence, organizations can ensure that the same version of the phishing awareness policy, procedures, and guidelines get forwarded to each employee.
- It reinforces the basics of social engineering or phishing attacks.
Phishing Awareness Tips To Include In The PDF
The best defense, indeed is a potent offense when it comes to cybersecurity awareness. Follow the guidelines to design a comprehensive phishing awareness tips PDF.
Mention the types of attacks to which the employees are most susceptible. These can include paragraphs about:
- Malware E-mail Attacks
- Fileless Attacks
- Employee Errors:
- Unintended disclosures
- Improper disposals
- Accidental deletions
Mention the measures an employee can take to avoid being a victim. These include:
- Choosing Strong Passwords.
- Using Anti-Phishing software.
- Identifying the phishing e-mails. Following are the symptoms of a malicious e-mail:
- Suspect grammar and punctuation
- Asking for personal information
- Alarming content which is full of warnings and potential consequences
- Urgent deadlines
- An offer of substantial financial rewards
Finally, security teams can add a phishing awareness quizlet in the PDF. The questions must be in a Yes/No format and provide a clear understanding of basic terms related to phishing.
When it comes to the employees’ preparedness during the event of a phishing attack, organizations can no longer roll the dice. Hence, start early and make a plan upfront including security awreness training, and don’t forget to forward a phishing training pdf to the employees.
Enterprise-class email protection without the enterprise price
For one low monthly price and no per-user fees, Phish Protection’s integrated email security solution protects your employees from business email compromise (BEC) and many other email threats. 24×7. On any device. With features you’d expect in more expensive solutions:
All Plans Come With
- Stops business email compromise (BEC)
- Stop threatening emails before they reach the inbox
- Continuous link checking
- Real-time website scanning
- Real time alerts to users and administrators
- Check 6 URL reputation databases
- Protection with settings you control
- Protection against zero day vulnerabilities
- Complete situational awareness from a single web-based console